Tuesday, May 5, 2009

kind of cold for may...



so i stayed inside and watched this movie. so should everyone!

i feel pretty lame for neglecting to update my etsy shop (it's been like over a month, and i appreciate your kind and semi-concerned emails, it's still open for business and will continue to be!) so i am working on that this week in addition to bracing myself for the upcoming hardcore paint schedule that usually is my summertime. so many shows happen in the summer, it's kind of wonderful! also i have 2 solo show dealies this year and it's kind of giving me a heart attack. also i am working on a book with stories and drawings. i do not know what i am doing with it yet, but it's fun.

in other news i had the best, most curious dreams ever last night. i can't even describe it, so i will paint a huge epic version of it and post it next week explaining what happened. i think either:
a)we have a wonderful ghost in our house who is trying to tell me something
b)i am off my rocker but seem to have pleasant thoughts every so often

maybe i'll bake some pink lady apple pie this week and try making some lavender honey ice cream. wish me luck!

love, rebecca
p.s.
i love the above photo, does anyone know who made it?
p.p.s.
happy cinco de mayoooo wooooo! it's kind of weird to not be in los angeles today being a little mexican girl and all, but i suppose i can buy a tall can of modelo and make a bean burrito :)

3 comments:

Marcine said...

I completely agree with being a little mexican girl out of the murky los angeles waters! I wish I could go to olvera street or just listen to my grandmother speak in spanish faster than lightning! it's so hard to find good mexican food on the east coast too, definitely the thing I miss most about home! :D

and loves of a blonde is so wonderful, I should watch it again!

rebecca artemisa said...

it was so sad! but i made some burritos and felt better.

isn't it?! i love this movie so much, i wish i could find the opening song somewhere so i could put it on my ipod and listen to it wherever i go.

museiq said...

Waaooww!!
U catch the rainbow!!