Monday, December 21, 2009

blergs.

i got super sick in the wee hours of friday morning and the flubugs in my system have been partying ever since. i thought i was getting better until tonight, nooooo.
so please excuse my empty etsy update promise, if i said i'd hang out with you, and if i promised other nice things that would happen this weekend that didn't happen. i am sorry, they will hopefully happen soon. i just do not feel like doing much besides being a slug.
in other news, while sipping juice and wrapping my feet in a heating blanket, i ordered myself a present, this book:

in case you do not know this book (which you might want to fix right away), it's about two little kids, a sister and her little brother, who decide they are bored and fed up with life and run away from home to live in the metropolitan museum of art. it's great, possibly on the same level as phantom tollbooth and harriet the spy. oh 1960s child literature, how i love thee.

3 comments:

pammalu said...

that IS a great book! Cuddle up in bed, read read read, have some tea, read more ... and get well soon!

anja louise verdugo said...

Not sure when it was written, but you should read The Fact and Fictions of Minna Pratt. It's SO GOOD and will just warm you right up.

Julianna said...

How did I not know that you liked this book too??
If you're feeling to sick to read I have it on cd in my room. Between the bed and the wall there is a pile of books on cd and it's in there someplace

Also I second The Fact and Fictions of Minna Pratt. Great book.