Sunday, April 11, 2010

reminding me to know that i'm glad



i cut my hair very short (i think it's only about 3 inches left on my head, i call it my "joan of arc" haircut) and have been trying my best to eat only fresh fruit, fresh vegetables and fresh baked bread. in fact, i am baking a new loaf of rosemary bread and eating an orange as i write this! soon i will walk up to the top of mt. tabor and sit and think with music in my ears.
i really like that i live near a mountain called mt. tabor, because the transfiguration always was one of my favorite stories from the bible as a little girl. i think it's partly why i paint mountains so much.

speaking of mountains i am currently working on a painting i started a year and a half ago and hated (about snowy mountains). now that i look at it again, i understand it, and need to finish it instead of my original hissyfit idea of using it for firewood. i am so glad i held onto it!
love and besos!
rebecca

4 comments:

Graham said...

I'm quite glad you held on to it too. It was always one of my favorites. Now give it the ol' spit polish!

rebecca artemisa said...

i think i already dropped a little bit of a burrito on it, so i might have to literally do that :(

Earth said...

ohhh, your fruits look so yummy, i want to change my eating habit, i ate too much for about 5 days so far and i gain weight which i don't want. anyway, hope you enjoy with your fruits :)

Marcine M. said...

oooooo I want to see your hair! Joan of Arc (in the silent film) is the most beautiful person I've ever laid eyes on!